April 2013, the Government announced new funding for PE and Sport. The funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
We are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.. This can include increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Funding for 2015-16 - £9435.00
At New Waltham Academy we :-
- Allocate funding to pay for external coaches to run competitions – Gravity sports festivals, football, netball, cross country, gift and talented festivals etc. Each class to attend one festival per year.
- Funding allocated to an existing local sport network including the school sports partnership.
- Employment of local coaches to provide weekly after-school sport on school site - football, netball, basketball, multi-skills, tennis, and golf.
- Funding allocated to pay for transport and pool hire and instruction for additional swimming lessons for all children in Year 4.
- Provide pupils who are gifted and talented in sport with expert, intensive coaching and support – solar sport gifted and talented festivals.
Funding for 2016-17- £9400
In addition to the above expenditure 2015-16, at New Waltham Academy we are also :
- Employment of a specialist Sports Leader who works directly for the School.
- Greater involvement with the School Sports Partnership.
- Year 1 of 2 working towards the Gold Healthy Schools Award.
- Increased variety of after school activities including cheerleading, dodgeball and skipping.