Finance and resources committee - Mrs Perry, Mrs Johnson, Mr Selby, Mr Hill, Mr Jones
Standards and Welfare committee - Mrs Perry, Mrs Clarke, Mrs Kennard, Mrs Jones, Mrs Bunce
SEND Governor - Laura Jones
Safeguarding Governor - Amy Bunce
GDPR Governor - Mr Selby
Board of Governors Vision statement
Our vision is that every child at New Waltham Academy receives an inspiring and challenging education while feeling safe and happy. The children become well rounded members of the community and understand the importance of core British values.
We aim to:
· Retain a high calibre of teaching and support staff that will become leaders of tomorrow
· Maintain our “Good with outstanding features” rating with OFSTED while always looking to improve
· Engage with parents and the local community and maintain our family-like ethos
· Continually develop the Governing Body so we can continue to support and challenge the Head teacher
· Ensure that the school meets all of its legal responsibilities
All Directors have a host of legal duties surrounding their role; Health & Safety, Child Protection, Finance, Personnel, Complaints, Standards... and the list goes on.
Our Directors like to be involved in other ways as well, so they can better understand how and why the school operates in the way it does. They visit the school to talk with pupils both individually and as the School Council and the Learning Council, to sit in on lesson observations with the Headteacher, and to generally tour the school with the Headteacher to see it in operation. In this way they gain a real feel for what is happening in the school and why it is as successful as it has been for many years now