Pupil Premium at New Waltham Academy
The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and is allocated to schools to help them tackle disadvantage and address inequalities for socially disadvantaged pupils.
At New Waltham Academy:
- we ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- we ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis,which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
The range of provision the school may include:
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher focussed on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1:1 support
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through trained TAs or external agencies
- Funding will be primarily aimed at accelerating progress, moving children to at least age related expectations. Initially this will be in Literacy and Maths
- Pupil premium resources may also be used to target able children on FSM to achieve at least age-related expectations. Language through listening blocks of work for children in Foundation Stage.
- The school will publish information on how they have used their Pupil Premium funding to address the issue of ‘narrowing the gap’, for socially disadvantaged pupils.